Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 6

A wise person once told me "searching for a new job is like a full time job."

In order not to fall behind, or screw up my sleep schedule, or just waste away into nothingness watching Duck Dynasty marathons, I decided to start a regiment.

7:30 am   wake up

8:00 am   see Steven off to work

8:30 am    drive to the gym
The gym is blissfully empty at this time of the morning.  Everyone who hoped to get their sweat-on before work has left.  Everyone who attempts to burn calories instead of eating lunch isn't here yet.  I get the pick of any machine I want!

Elliptical expectations:

I AM A JAEGER PILOT RAAAAAAAA

Elliptical realities:



Once home, a shower, some nosh, and then couch + fan.  Because it's really REALLY HOT.  This heat, that causes my body to be inactive and my spirit to wilt - it is unacceptable.  No, there is no air conditioning save for some fans and a little mini cold air vent thing that only works in the bedroom.  This little mini cold air vent thing, however, does not get run often because, well, the electric bill would make me homeless.



So, I faint dramatically on the couch until after lunch.  This time, this thinking time, I use to figure out what in the world I want to do with my life.  Steven has a stable job here in our city, and as I've been made aware my industry is a little more fickle with job security.  So what do I do?

Do I attempt to find work here, where the studios are closing all too frequently?  Do I try and find something elsewhere, far away, where I'd drag my poor fiance and then possibly get laid off again in a few years all the meanwhile he's then scrambling to find work?  Or do I fall back on my other degree, and attempt to get a government job sampling carbon and pretend to be happy all the while I'm wasting away on the inside but fulfilled in that my life is stable?  Could I make money doing freelance art and writing so we could stay here?


This is what I think about.  And I get frustrated. 

My resume gets poked at, the job prospects evaluated, my portfolio gets the much-needed polishing it deserved ages ago, and the "what ifs" keep coming.  All day.  Looking for a job is a full time job, and that is no joke. 

But then, the much needed mental break at 6:00 pm

Steven comes home <3










No comments:

Post a Comment